at Conco Construction* in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Conco Construction, a self-performing and employee-owned regional leader in the commercial construction industry is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to join the Accounting team! A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment. This position will work closely with the Accounts Payable Coordinator and Accounting Manager to deliver accurate and timely A/P support. The ideal candidate would possess a high attention to detail, while juggling multiple competing priorities.
- Support the accounting department by performing basic accounting clerical functions including coding, inputting and scanning invoices for payment
- Validate pay applications to subcontracts and purchase orders
- Assure accuracy of sales and/or use tax paid on all invoices
- Validation of field document distribution
- Monthly processing of Tool Watch posting
Key Attributes of a Conconian:
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- 1+ year of professional experience
- Ability to use Microsoft office
- Ability to record and summarize chronological activity
- Ability to pull data from multiple sources and organize
- Ability to process invoices both accurately and timely
- Previous bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Experience with Sales and Use tax filing
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. We are now a 100 percent employee-owned company! This is not only a supplemental retirement plan to the total-rewards package you see below, but this means our employees take pride in the work they do and Conco’s success is directly tied to their performance. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.