at Aberdeen Village in Olathe, Kansas, United States
This position is responsible for preparing food following the appropriate menus and recipes in accordance with accepted dietary practices and as may be directed by the department director or supervisor. Works diligently to ensure that every resident receives the highest quality and excellent dining experience with each meal. Advances the value that the resident comes first. The employee values the Community as the residents’ home and works to create attributes of home and models person centered care.
Overall Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Comprehends the duties and responsibilities of the position.
2. Carries out the duties and responsibilities of the position in a professional manner.
3. Adapts to changes in the work place with ease.
4. Meets the needs of the work schedule (promptness, attendance), unless otherwise excused, and makes appropriate use of time while at work.
5. Follows established safety protocols as appropriate for position and/or location.
6. Customer Service duties are exhibited through promptness, accuracy, empathy, clarity, tone and appropriateness with non-PMMA staff (i.e., residents, resident families, outside community, vendors, etc.).
7. Communication duties are exhibited through promptness, accuracy, empathy, clarity, tone and appropriateness with PMMA staff.
8. Provides and initiates, creative, practical problem solving recommendations and/or takes the initiative to appropriately enhance job duties or area.
9. Works well with others, assists others when needed or asked and appropriately lends support to others even
when not asked. Recognizes all team members in their efforts to provide person centered care.
10. Appropriately uses property, supplies and productivity during work time.
11. Represents and demonstrates the PMMA mission while carrying out job duties.
12. Attends training and or development programs as appropriate to meet or enhance current job or career knowledge.
13. Performs additional duties as reasonably assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Prepares and serves resident meals and snacks that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with menus and recipes, making only authorized food substitutions. Processes new diet orders and changes as they are received, prepares therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus and coordinates dining services with other departments as necessary. Inspects special diet trays to assure the correct diets are served.
2. Supervises dining services staff as required and in the absence of the Dining Services Supervisor and/or Dining Services Director.
3. Reviews resident plans of care with Dining Services Director to assure foods served are appropriate and that the appropriate equipment and utensils are provided.
4. Prepares and serves foods for special events.
5. Assists in maintaining food storage areas and disposes of food and waste in accordance with established
policies and procedures. Ensures food and supplies are readily available for meal preparation.
6. Recommends and requests equipment and supply needs for the department.
7. Monitors residents entering the dining room and assists them to a seat if needed.
8. Acknowledges residents when they enter and greets residents at the beginning of the dining service.
9. Consistently follows the Gracious Dining meal delivery step sequence in a friendly and caring manner.
10. Effectively communicates with residents, guests, and other members of the dining room and kitchen staff to ensure the highest level of service is delivered in a timely manner.
11. Reports missing SDSs for hazardous chemicals used or stored in the dining services department.
12. Performs scheduled cleaning duties.
13. Advances the value that residents come first by reporting accidents, incidents, resident complaints and changes in the resident’s condition to the supervisor.
14. Follows established universal precautions, safety and sanitation protocols and regulations. This includes proper clean-up, washing, storing of items, disposal of personal protective equipment or handling of hazardous materials. Reports occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemicals to the supervisor. Follows established isolation precautions and protocols. Reports missing/illegible labels and SDS’s to the supervisor. Adheres to fire, smoking, equipment and safety policies and procedures.
15. Protects the residents and PMMA by not disclosing or using resident health information for any purpose other than treatment for the resident, payment and operations.
16. Immediately notifies supervisor if a resident is leaving/missing from the Community.
17. Values and respects the choices and preferences of residents and works to create attributes of home, with emphasis on person centered care.
18. Upholds resident rights and confidentiality. Creates and supports a physical environment which is accessible and supports privacy, independence and comfort.
Requirements of Position: (All are required unless otherwise noted.)
Education, Experience and/or Training (i.e., License, Certificate and/or Registration):
* High school diploma or equivalent desired. * One year of experience in dining services in a senior living community preferred.
Special Knowledge: * Experience with regular and texture modified diets.
Skills and Abilities: * Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. * Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. * Must function independently when necessary, demonstrating flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with the residents, staff and support agencies. * Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public. * Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures. * Must be able to lead and direct staff and work harmoniously. * Must have patience, positive disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations. * Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Physical or Mental Demands: * This position is classified as Medium Work for physical exertion requirements. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. * Periods of prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching above, at or below shoulder level, kneeling, crouching and twisting may occur. * Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this Community that may include a medical and physical examination. * May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations. * Moves intermittently during working shift. * Is subject to frequent interruptions.
Working Environment: * Interacts with residents, resident families, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances. * May work beyond normal working shift, and/or subject to call back, when necessary and in other positions, temporarily, when needed. * Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work shift. * Is subject to exposure to dust, disinfectants, chemicals and other air contaminants. * May be exposed to illnesses and diseases, including Tb and the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account