at C2FO in Leawood, Kansas, United States
- Have strategic impact over market mechanics team and platform services pillar. Solve very domain-heavy problems in Kafka, AKKA, and Scala. Provide technical guidance across the pillar. Anticipate technical problems that will fall out of major products and design solutions overcome those problems. Gain deep knowledge of major parts of company’s technology stack and be the technical owner of large parts of its code base.
- Be the architect of C2FO’s cloud computing platform system, responsible for creating and shipping/launching computer applications. Migration of the platform team’s core services from AKKA technology toolkit to Kafka software platform. Our core service, written in AKKA, is a microcosm of the way we want our entire system to behave. One of the staff engineer’s core responsibilities will be to work with every other team to apply that event-based computer architecture to the rest of the system, using Kafka.
- Act in a very hands-on role, and as such, be a prolific contributor to both core platform services at C2FO as well as side and experimental work. Manage and simplify complex problems, leaving team members with something significantly better than they came into. Have broad impact across C2FO tech, including Kafka, AKKA, Scala, and Kubernetes. Create architectures that shape large parts of company’s business, and ship complex projects including many systems or major pieces of infrastructure.
- Effectively facilitate cross-team work and influence far beyond individual group. Drive groups of disparate interests to decisions, and clearly communicate and see those decisions through to impact. Set short to medium-term strategic direction for part of the technology stack, identifying areas of critical need based on future growth and developing roadmaps to attack those problems. Act as a tech lead for many projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Six years of progressive experience in the job offered or related which must include the following, concurrently: 3 years of experience in software engineering; and experience training other software engineers.
- Proficiency in Kafka, AKKA, Scala, and Postgres; demonstrated knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Typescript, Node.js, React.js, Graphql, domain-driven design, domain modeling, functional programming theory, systems thinking, software architecture design, and project management.
Applicants must have legal authority to work in the United States.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous health benefits
- 401K plan (with employer match)
- Opportunity to earn equity in the company
C2FO is the largest non-bank provider of funding to businesses. We’ve also been recognized by Forbes’ Fintech 50 and are on track to become the first financial “unicorn” company in the state of Kansas. Our technology provides hundreds of thousands of business of all sizes (suppliers) an easy, low-cost way to improve cash flow through early invoice payments, while at the same time helping Fortune 500 companies (buyers) achieve far better returns on short-term cash than any other investment vehicle available.
How to Apply
Send resumes to Pollen, Inc. (D/B/A C2FO), 2020 West 89th Street, Leawood, KS 66206, attention Mr. Justin Sangster or go to www.c2fo.com/careers.