at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinLee’s Summit Medical Center_,_a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- o Paid Personal Leave
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a ED Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
From heart attack to stroke to gunshot wounds, motor vehicle accidents, or just fractured bones, ED Techs see it all. ED Techs learn to quickly triage patients based on immediate observation and acute assessment skills, then to treat symptoms in order of life-threatening priority.
About this unit:
- 20 Care Areas (13 Head walls, 3 Fast Track, 4 Hallway positions)
- Processes are down! With door to doc time less than 10 mins!
- Primary Stroke, Level II STEMI Center, Acuity is 3.1
- Average of 60 patients a day
- Open culture, collaborative team environment with amazing leadership!
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and within the limitations of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act, the Emergency Medical Technician delivers Emergency Nursing care consistent with the job description.* *
- Administers competent nursing care to any patient seeking physiological or psychological health care presenting to this Emergency Department.
- The deliver of care include data collection, documentation, and implementation of nursing interventions as delineated in Lee’s Summit Medical Center policies and procedures/Nursing Structural Standards.
- ED Tech will assist the nursing staff by providing efficient clerical and other office duties under the direction of the Charge Nurse, RN’s, as well as the Director of the department.
- The ED Tech provides administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of Lee’s Summit Medical Center.
- High School Diploma preferred
- BLS required upon hire
- Missouri EMT-B or EMT-P,*OR*Medical Assistant Certification,*OR*Missouri C.N.A.*OR*Nurse Tech I or II student nurse required.
- Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred.
- Previous emergency in Emergency care preferred.
Lee’s Summit Medical Centerserves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee’s Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Emergency Services RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Job: Nursing Support
Title: Emergency Room Tech PRN
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-72325