at Hunter Health Clinic in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Licensed Practical Nurse Job LocationUS-KS-Wichita # of Openings 5 Overview
Are you looking for something new and exciting? Are you wanting to be apart of a team that their mission is to serve the public?
We have a new position open for a Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our COVID Team!! We are a medium-sized, fast-paced, multi-doctor practice located on the East of Wichita. The right candidate for us would be someone passionate about public health, energetic, motivated, professional, and teachable. We offer great hours, competitive pay, outstanding PTO and a competitive benefits package. We provide patient-centered services, meaning we care about each of our patients individually, and offer a tailored treatment plan that best fits their lifestyle and goals.
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm!! Weekends Off!
The Licensed Practical Nurse supports the medical providers and ensures that all patients receive quality care while maintaining compliance with all federal grants, HIPAA, and Hunter Health Clinic policies and procedures.
- Assisting Physicians, Mid-Levels, RN’s, and Medical Assistants with patient care.
- Rooming patients in exam rooms and room set up for exams prior to medical provider’s arrival.
- Documenting Chief Complaint in EHR, unless provider requests otherwise.
- Capturing temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height, and weight and record values in EHR.
- Capturing infant/pediatric height, weight, head circumference, pulse, respirations, blood pressure and record values in EHR.
- Performing Peak Flows, nebulizer treatments, Pulse-Oximetry, 12-lead EKG and Snellen test. Performing capillary blood glucose test, A1C, and INR. Performing strep test swabs, TB skin tests (ID injection), IM injections, and SC injections. Responsible for performing Electrocardiography.
- Adhering to rights of medication administration: right patient, right medication, right dose, right route, and right time.
- Withdrawing medication from vial and an ampule and properly administering oral medication; liquid or pill form. Responsible for reconstitution of powdered medications.
- Accurately reading and documentation of TB skin test.
- Entering current and historical childhood and adolescent immunization in Web-IZ and EHR.
- Citing vaccinations, administration sites, and recommended ages for the vaccines.
- Entering Lab orders in EHR and properly completing lab requisition forms.
- Collecting Patient History and GPRA/Meaningful use data and documenting in EHR prior to patient being seen by medical provider.
- Responsible for documentation of all procedures, referrals, follow-up, notifications into EHR.
- Assisting patients with education and documenting in EHR.
- Assuring the entry of medications in outpatient medications within the MAR in EHR.
- Stocking room, biohazard disposal, sharps containers and updating infection control manual daily.
- Preparing the exam room for assessments such as, pap smears and STD tests.
- Sterile tray set-up and prepping patient prior to medical provider’s arrival.
- Septic hand-washing before and after rooming patients in exam room and procedures.
- Proper dismissal of patient room, including education and clean of exam room.
- Proper suture and staple removal.
- Proper documentation of patient encounters, phone calls, drug administration, and chart review in EHR.
- Answering all notifications and phone messages and returns patient call before within 24 hours.
- All prescription refill requests must be reviewed and approved by the medical provider and/or nurse and faxed same-day refill request received.
- Accurately completing all forms such as Gynecological (Pap Smears/STD) work-up, EDW forms and pharmacy forms.
- Assisting in inventory and keeping storage supply closet neat and free of debris.
- Perform autoclave operations. Complete weekly and monthly maintenance for autoclave and hydro-sonic. Sterilizing of instruments. Ability to perform ATTEST. Update manual after completion.
- Communicates and collaborates professionally and effectively with medical providers, medical support staff, front desk staff, patient service representatives, and administration.
- Responsible for by-laws strict confidentiality of Medical Records.
- Attend designated meetings as an employee and medical staff member.
- Attend designated outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- LPN Certification and Kansas Stated Licensed required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Family Practice Clinic or hospital setting preferred.
- Prior experience with Electronic Health Records software and Patient Registration preferred.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Valid driver’s license.