at Illinois Tool Works, Inc. in Olathe, Kansas, United States
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Division Quality System Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining quality management systems for the division’s four sites. Oversees the total quality function: continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, measurability, managerial involvement, and organizational support. Manages quality supervisors/managers at three manufacturing facilities. The position is located at the Tucker, GA or Olathe, KS facility.
1. Manages the Quality Systems at the division’s manufacturing facilities, including leadership in the development, revision, training, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures to meet Quality Management System requirements.
2. Drives continuous improvement projects and ensures business and operating procedures throughout the division follow best practices.
3. Leads efforts and maintains externally-certified business processes like ISO certifications and other specific business/industry standards.
4. Manages site Quality Managers and assists with resolving key issues, including production processes and other business processes, as pertains to the Quality System.
5. Champions ITW Toolbox methodologies and serves as the ITW Toolbox Subject Matter Expert for the division.
6. Ensures capable processes are in place to address customer claims and production quality issues; ensure corrective actions are properly communicated to customers (in partnership with customer service and sales organizations).
7. Partners with the division management team and works cross-functionally to drive quality improvement initiatives.
8. Responsible for QC, sustained product quality, product and process consistency, continuous improvement, and governance across the division.
9. Serves as the Management Representative of the Quality System for all communications and dealings with governing and certifying bodies.
10. Oversees development and maintenance of appropriate analytical testing instrumentation and processes in QC laboratories.
11. Manages, trains, and develops the Quality department staffs to support the QMS.
12. Supports the Design Control Process for New Product Development.
13. Any and all additional (reasonable and appropriate) duties, as assigned by the R&D Director or the VP/GM.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or any discipline related directly to Manufacturing Operations or Quality Systems.
2. 10+ years experience in implementing, validating, and auditing processes and procedures; resolving issues and re-porting to regulatory agencies and other governing bodies; and specifying, conducting, and troubleshooting analytical testing procedures.
3. 5+ years work experience at a management level with primary responsibilities for implementing and maintaining quality management systems in a manufacturing environment, including experience in achieving and maintaining ISO 9001 certification.
4. 5+ years experience in the chemical industry is preferable.
5. Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Must be detailed oriented to prevent transmission of false data to regulatory agencies and certifying bodies.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.