at Wichita State University* in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionPosting Number 21-00254-UP/FA Post Position Title NIAR Aircraft Technician I Position Number 21-00005-UP/FA PD Full-Time/Part-Time? Full Time Summary of Responsibilities
Performs functional testing, troubleshooting, and/or repair of aircraft mechanical systems. Prepares aircraft for flight test and airworthiness certification.Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with customers daily.
- Basic knowledge of Repair Station
- Basic knowledge of Material Review Board (MRB)
- Basic knowledge of flight-line ground safety procedures
- Basic knowledge of safety and operating procedures for power-on aircraft
- Ability to use and interpret a variety of precision measurement instruments
- Ability obtain tug operator’s license
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and repair of aircraft systems
- Ability to obtain and renew certifications
- Ability to recognize potential electrical hazards in order to prevent injury to self or others
- Ability to achieve sufficient technical qualifications to acquire product verification certification