at ALDI in Kansas City, Missouri, United States
We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
When you join our team as an Assistant Store Manager, you’ll take on key store management responsibilities including assisting with supervising day-to-day store activities, ensuring overall store performance, managing schedules, and developing operational action plans while identifying training opportunities to develop and grow the team.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 38 hours/week
Starting Wage: $20.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assists the direct leader with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to ensure mutual understanding and desired results
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs the direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position
• Provides product feedback to the direct leader, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued
• Participates in the interviewing process for store personnel
• Communicates information including weekly information, major team milestones, developments, and concerns
• Ensures store personnel adhere to inventory procedures, product handling guidelines, and cash control policies to minimize losses
• Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in their direct leader’s absence
• Identifies and rectifies hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order
• Maintains store cleanliness standards and proper store signage at all times
• Assists the direct leader with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering
• Merchandises product neatly
Kansas City, Missouri 64106