at YRC Freight in Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Training Coordinator – ( 2103UV )
Primary Location : US-KS-Overland Park
Shift : Day
Responsible for supporting all L&OD team initiatives to advance the talent capabilities of the organization. Will support all L&OD programs and initiatives by managing logistics, scheduling, communications, learning records maintenance, learning session production, maintaining knowledge resources, user troubleshooting, knowledge resources, systems, websites, and other assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Organize and coordinate new hire onboarding sessions; scheduling sessions, coordinating presenters, use new hire reports to develop participant invitation lists, and serve as producer of sessions.
2. Organize and coordinate functional onboarding programs using reports to identify participants, communicate program requirements to participants, assign learning, assist with participant questions, and monitor compliance.
3. Coordinate activities supporting development programs and all other facilitator-led workshops including scheduling and managing sessions, coordinating logistics, producing virtual classrooms, communications, and coordination of other activities as required.
4. Develop and maintain marketing materials and knowledge resources for development programs and L&OD offerings.
5. Manage and maintain L&OD team website to drive talent resource utilization and ensure accuracy of information available.
6. Collaborate with L&OD team to coordinate, schedule, distribute, and produce yearly lunch and learn and management essentials development programs.
7. Support LMS administration and promote its and other development systems utilization by employees across the organization.
8. Develop, maintain, and facilitate distribution of job aids and instructional materials required for HR/L&OD systems for effective learning and understanding of functionality to end users.
9. Develop ad-hoc reports as requested by stakeholders and perform analysis on data as required.
10. Provide administrative support for talent/organizational development systems including setting up accounts; building and assigning learning; troubleshooting user issues; setting up user assignments; and monitoring compliance.
11. Maintain accurate records for development program completion across all L&OD programs and offerings.
12. Write and edit communications and update systems regarding training initiatives and programs.
13. Manage training assets including training materials, supplies, and merchandise.
14. Facilitate the distribution of HR/L&OD information and newsletters.
15. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, make recommendations to improve current programs, processes, and advise leadership on new strategies that align the organization with changing realities.
1. Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
+ Competitive pay based on experience
+ Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
+ PTO and paid holidays
+ 401k Retirement Plan
1. Two (2) years work experience in an administrative or project coordination/management capacity.
2. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience.
3. Advanced knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
4. Demonstrated analytical, organizational, project management, and planning skills.
5. Demonstrated experience coordinating complex administrative processes effectively.
6. Demonstrated customer service skills and orientation.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and successfully.
1. Experience in developing and maintaining websites and media.
2. Experience in developing videos and graphics.
3. Experience with web-based collaboration and training platforms (i.e. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Articulate 360, knowledge management tools).
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs. of supplies and materials is required.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Req ID: 2103UV
Overland Park, Kansas 66210