at Gove County Medical Center in Quinter, Kansas, United States
The Social Worker will be responsible for the assessment, planning, coordination, and oversight of services for identified patients’ within their respective healthcare plan. This position acts as a liaison to coordinate and collaborate care with physicians, family, and other providers while always remaining an advocate for patients, putting them at the center of care delivery.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation standards for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Performs patient assessments in multiple settings to include but not limited to the hospital and/or nursing facility as needed.
- Coordinates identified patient’s needs utilizing federal, state, and local community resources, as available.
- Provides comprehensive therapeutic services and assists with biopsychosocial summary.
- Develops interventions for barriers to discharge, assist with all discharge planning and documentation, documents all direct and collateral contacts into the medical record, advocates and negotiates internal and external systems on behalf of the patient within the scope of clinical training and consistent with professional standards.
- Cooperates with colleagues to serve the well-being of the patients. Participates in and contributes to decisions that affect the well-being of the patients. Seeks the advice and counsel of colleagues when is in the best interests of patients. Attends weekly department meetings and participates actively in problem solving and idea sharing within department.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care plan meetings and contributes to the development of care plans for patients.
- Functions as a resource to nursing staff regarding patient assessment and plan of care or performs patient assessment and develops a plan of care to assure consistent and appropriate care is provided in a patient focused manner.
- Applies sensitivity to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
- Applies knowledge about care and treatment needs to patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Documentation in the medical record concise and relevant to the patient's program, plan of care, and discharge planning information.
- Bachelor of Social Work with licensure (LBSW) in Kansas.
- Eye/Hand, Eye/Foot, Hand/Foot Coordination.
- Normal eyesight, with or without corrective lenses.
- Normal hearing, with or without hearing aides.
- The ability to bend, stoop, crawl, and kneel.
- The ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Well-lit work area.
- Work with people under all conditions.
- Meet and talk with a wide variety of patients, families, physicians, employees, and resource contacts.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious disease.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their Supervisor or assigned charge personnel.
Gove County Medical Center
520 W. 5th Street, P.O. Box 129
Quinter, Kansas 67752