at Gove County Medical Center in Quinter, Kansas, United States
The Medical Lab Technician will be responsible for testing, analyzing, reviewing, and reporting results; while providing the highest quality lab service and ensuring the best possible patient care.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedure for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining record of patient/resident test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, and either correct the problems or immediately notify the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- If qualified under CFR 493.1489(b) (4), must perform high complexity testing only under the onsite, direct supervision of a MT (Medical Technologist) or Lab Supervisor qualified under CFR 493.1461 or have the work reviewed within 24 hours by a general supervisor qualified under CFR 493.1461.
- Provide guidance and training for new and/or less experienced personnel.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel.
- Responsible for 24-hour call on a rotating basis.
- Normal eyesight, with or without corrective lenses.
- Normal hearing, with or without hearing aides.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- The ability to bend, stoop, crawl, and kneel.
- The ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Well-lit work area.
- Working under stressful conditions – emergency situations.
- Working irregular hours including after hours and on call.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
- Exposed to offensive odors and hazards of explosive gasses.
- Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
- Work with people under all conditions.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their Supervisor or assigned charge personnel.
Gove County Medical Center
520 W. 5th Street, P.O. Box 129
Quinter, Kansas 67752