at Beran Concrete, Inc in Wichita, Kansas, United States
The Ready-Mix Delivery Professional ensures service by delivering a quality product safely and efficiently, while representing the company in a professional manner. This individual will be responsible in maintaining the Ready-Mix Truck through daily pre-trip and post trip inspections, along with routine cleaning both inside and out. This individual should be accountable and reliable while being a part of the team at Beran Concrete.
As the Ready-Mix Delivery Professional, you will also assist in keeping the plant and grounds clean, neat and maintained. Also, as the Ready-Mix Delivery Professional you are required to stay busy at all times as this is an hourly position and not a commission-based position.
Ultimately, the job of the Ready-Mix Delivery Professional is to be a leader and to be proactive in the safe delivery of ready mixed concrete while maintaining a clean truck and equipment. This includes:
- Efficiency through a strong sense of urgency but in a safe manner, knowing the key areas of the operation in which to do so
- A thorough pre-trip inspection of the ready-mix truck and maintain daily logs per KDOT
- Ensuring the ready-mix truck is safe to operate on the roadways
- Report any and all mechanical issues that could result in an unsafe condition
- Read and understand concrete delivery tickets for load size, requested slump, time of delivery and extra products as noted on delivery ticket
- After reading the delivery ticket, ensure that slump is as requested, all extra requested products are securely on the truck or in the load and proceed to the job following the directions provided on the delivery ticket
- Coordinating issues to Plant Manager that may impact Beran Concrete’s interests such as delivery route issues, on job preparedness, potential hazards, and water added in excess
- Maintain alertness on the job at all times by checking your surroundings, keeping a safe distance from trenches and mass excavates, driving through tall grass, maintaining eye contact with the workers on the job site and never backing without a spotter
- Thoroughly wash truck on jobsite at designated locations in an efficient manner
- The Ready-Mix Professional when requested will help keep the plant and grounds clean, neat and maintained
- Referring to the “Driver’s in Non-Ticketed Status” during down time
- Any other duties as assigned by Ready-Mix General Manager
- CDL Class B or A with airbrakes
- 2+ years’ experience preferred.
Beran Concrete, Inc
8401 E Oak Knoll
Wichita, Kansas 67207