at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Do you have the career opportunities as a Paramedic you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinLee’s Summit Medical Center,a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services,HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. AtLee’s Summit Medical Centerwe offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
- o Student Loan Repayment
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join theLee’s Summit Medical Centerfamily! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Paramedic to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Paramedics are responsible for quickly assessing patients at the scene of an emergency, making fast decisions, and implementing emergency care.Because of the personal nature of the job, a Paramedic has strong people skills, the ability to be compassionate, and stays calm under pressure.
About this unit:
- 20 Care Areas (13 Head walls, 3 Fast Track, 4 Hallway positions)
- Processes are down! With door to doc time less than 10 mins!
- Primary Stroke, Level II STEMI Center, Acuity is 3.1
- Average of 60 patients a day
- Open culture, collaborative team environment with amazing leadership!
The ER Paramedic may provide services that are within the scope of the ER Paramedic’s State Paramedic Certification without physician supervision and direction and is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care to Emergency Room patients safely and effectively. Any service provided directly to a patient must be pursuant to protocols, procedures and policies of the Hospital and pursuant to an Emergency Provider’s order and in accordance with the applicable standard of care and the requirements of this Job Description. The ER Paramedic reports to the Hospital’s Patient Care Director of Emergency Services. The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of HCA in order to meet the healthcare needs of patients and their families. The ER Paramedic may not perform any of the prohibited functions listed in this Job Description.
- Education: Current certification/Licensure in the State of Missouri as a Paramedic. EMT-P required. Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS Provider, and PALS Provider within 6 months of hire. CPI or Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 6 months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a field Paramedic with an EMS agency and/or clinical experience working in a hospital.
- Current clinical competency must be demonstrated and additional education/training may be required by the HCA hospital employing the ER Paramedic. Competency assessment, training, education and performance review shall be the sole responsibility of the hospital that employs the ER Paramedic.
Lee’s Summit Medical Centerserves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee’s Summit Medical Center
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Paramedic like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Clinical Techs – CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Advanced Paramedic PRN
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-70937
HCA, Hospital Corporation of America
Lees Summit, Missouri 64086