at Great Plains Industries - GPI in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job Title: Associate Product Manager-Pumps
Reports to: Product Manager – Pump
Dept: Engineering (Pump Sector Team)
FLSA (Exempt / Non Exempt): Non-Exempt
Job Summary: This position will work directly with the Product Manager and assist with market research and product support. Using a strong mechanical aptitude this position will learn about the product and be expected to communicate technical concepts. As part of a cross-functional team, this position will interact directly with sales department, marketing department, distributors and customers.
- Under the direct guidance of the Product Manager, the position will conduct and oversee market research as required for continuous product line growth.
- This position will assist in the collection of end user insights from various sources, analysis the data and present new product ideas or improvements.
- Using past and present information, this position will develop and maintain a library of competitive data.
- With the support of the Sector Team and the Product Manager, this position will help plan and manage communications to distribution partners to achieve optimal results for new product launches, product improvements, and product transitions.
- Working with the Sector Team, this position will collaborate with marketing to correct/edit content, request additional content if needed (images, video, etc.) to meet the needs of the product distributors. In addition, they will assist with brand activities related to product launch and maintenance (packaging die lines & art, copy writing, catalog, product flyers, website, sales bulletins, etc.
- Gather information and collaborate with inside and outside sales to assist in the creation of product training as needed.
- Respond to and follow up with Inside & Outside Sales inquiries for product information.
- Attend trade shows, customer training workshops, application site visits and other off-site business development activities as needed to promote product line.
- It is the responsibility of all GPI employees to:
- Comply with all Safety requirements of the position and the facility.
- Follow the policies outlined in the Employee handbook and the posted Work Rules for GPI and behave in an ethical manner.
- This Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the employee. The employee may be assigned other responsibilities as required of the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude and ability to communicate technical concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to present numerical data in spreadsheet/chart form to facilitate decision making on assigned product line.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet timelines, and complete projects while meeting/exceeding results.
- Results focused with proven attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and the ability to stay on task with minimal oversight.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or finance, or comparable work experience in lieu of education
- Physical: Typical office environment, may work in a sitting position while on a computer for extend periods of time. When preparing for trade shows, there may be lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses and other PPE equipment within factory area and as needed when preparing for Trade Shows.
Tools / Equipment: General Office Equipment.
Working Conditions: (shifts, environment): Temperature controlled office environment. Infrequent visits to manufacturing, warehouse and/or shipping areas that require closed toe shoes and safety glasses. Limited travel for trade shows and/or delivery of training.
Great Plains Industries - GPI
5252 E. 36th St. N.
Wichita, Kansas 67220