at Great Plains Industries - GPI in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job Title: Product Manager - Meters
Reports to: Director – Meters
Department: Sales – Meters
FLSA (Exempt / Non Exempt): Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Meters Sector Team new product innovation. This includes the detailed planning of taking the assigned product line from concept through the entire product lifecycle. As part of a cross-functional team, this position will interact directly with supply chain, engineering, sales, and finance in an effort to continue category growth and the promotion of leading–edge innovation.
- Involved in the development of all new products from concept to completion; working closely with Company President and Director - Meters to identify customer needs.
- Attend all Sector Meetings.
- Provide overall management of product development timeline by effective utilization of cross functional team members.
- Assist in the collection of end user insights from various sources and apply those insights to help product ideas.
- Conduct and/or oversee market research as required for continuous product line growth.
- Continuous review of current product families for cost savings and process improvements in engineering, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Work with marketing to edit content and request additional content if needed (images, video, etc.) to meet the needs of the product distributors.
- Coordinate Brand activities related to launch and maintenance of the product line (packaging die lines & art, copy writing, catalogue, product flyers, website maintenance, sales bulletins, etc.)
- Participate in the creation of product videos (installation, trouble-shooting, overview, etc.)
- Attend trade shows, customer training workshops, application site visits and other off-site business development activities as needed to promote product line.
- Interface regularly with departmental staff, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations and Finance, on product design, specifications, and change requests.
- Development and maintenance of a library of competitive data.
- Conduct internal product training as needed as well as respond to and follow up with Inside & Outside Sales inquiries.
- Act as Liaison for internal departments when concerns or suggestions arise on Sector Team product lines. Proactively establish and maintain working team relationships with all support departments.
- It is the responsibility of all GPI employees to:
- Comply with all Safety requirements of the position and the facility.
- Follow the policies outlined in the Employee handbook and the posted Work Rules for GPI and behave in an ethical manner.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the employee. .
Supervisory Responsibilities: Accountable to the project deliverables of each Sector Team Member and works directly with departmental managers to assure interim team members meet expectations. Supervise the Sector Team work of interim team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present numerical data in spreadsheet/chart form to facilitate decision making on assigned product line.
- One to three years’ experience in product management, brand management or category management.
- Excellent project management skills: demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet timelines, and complete projects while meeting/exceeding results.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of business acumen including: finance, supply chain, distribution, and consumer service.
- Demonstrated capability to develop and deliver persuasive, informative presentations to management, customers and sales personnel.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Travel as needed to attend meetings, trade shows, and functions.
- Results focused with proven attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and the ability to stay on task with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or finance preferred, comparable work experience considered in lieu of education.
- Advance degree in Marketing or Business.
- 4+ years of experience working directly with GPI products in a specific discipline.
- Syteline experience.
- Strong team player with cross-functional experience across multiple disciplines (i.e. Marketing, Design, Finance, Supply Chain, QA, etc).
Physical: When preparing for trade shows, there may be lifting up to 50lbs.
Tools / Equipment: General Office Equipment
Working Conditions: (shifts, environment): Office, some travel
To Apply: gpi.net/Company/Careers/see current openings
Great Plains Industries - GPI
5252 E. 36th St. N.
Wichita, Kansas 67220