at HM Dunn Aerosystems in Wichita, Kansas, United States
JOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to Maintenance Technicians with installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery, equipment, and physical plant as well as pipe and electrical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Maintenance Technicians with machinery and equipment inspections
- Assist with detecting equipment and machinery malfunctions and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem and/or repair machines
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment under the direction of Maintenance Technicians or Manager, and install replacement parts
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Under the direction of Maintenance Technicians or Managers, install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Assist Maintenance Technicians or Manager with fabrication or repair of counters, benches, partitions, and other wood structures
- As directed by Maintenance Technicians or the Manager, perform preventive maintenance tasks such as filter and fluid changes, fluid refills, lubricating, greasing, hose and wiring inspections, chip removal from the machine and conveyors, residue and contaminant removal, and necessary repairs
- Under the guidance of Maintenance Technicians or the Manager, perform facilities maintenance and repairs such as carpentry, painting, lighting, electrical, and plumbing
- Assist with set up and operation of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machines to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools
- Under the guidance of Maintenance Technicians or the Manager, operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Comply with all company safety rules and regulations
- Work with EH&S Manager to file environmental paperwork to maintain compliance.
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all contacts
- Accept and adapt easily to change
- Ensure that all activities are consistent with Company Mission Statement
- Operate job-related equipment with or without an accommodation
- Meet physical demands of job with or without an accommodation
- Empties all waste baskets and trash containers as needed throughout facility.
- Dusts all furniture and office equipment on a regular basis throughout facility.
- Vacuums all carpeted areas in office areas on a weekly basis.
- Sweeps and mops floors as needed.
- Cleans rugs, upholstered furniture, and blinds as needed.
- Cleans men’s and women’s bathrooms including toilets, sinks, mirrors, and emptying waste baskets as needed.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies as needed.
- Washes walls, ceilings, and woodwork as needed.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills as needed.
- 10. Maintains clean work area, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Previous experience working on a variety of CNC and manual machines required; experience in an aircraft parts manufacturing and assembly environment preferred
- Experience working with electrical and electronic components of CNC and manual machines preferred
- Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal
- Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with management and co-workers; listen to others without interrupting and get clarification when needed
- Ability to safely and properly use gauges, calipers, and other tools and equipment
- Ability to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy
- Exhibit dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions
- Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (ITAR requirement)
HM Dunn Aerosystems
4201 S. 119th St. West
Wichita, Kansas 67215