at GraceMed Health Clinic in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionAccountant Job ID 528 Classification: Non-exempt, Full-time Supervision Responsibilities: No Reporting Relationship: Reports to Accounting Manager Essential Role: Utilizes sound accounting principles and proper controls to record, review and reconcile daily/monthly/annual financial activity of GraceMed Health Clinic, resulting in accurate financial statements and reports, which are provided to management and the Board. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares journal entries, codes invoices and bank deposits.
- Performs bank, petty cash and subsidiary ledger reconciliations.
- Implements check writing process.
- Performs processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- Posts daily activity to the general ledger.
- Assists with month-end activities.
- Performs financial analysis.
- Explains billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and other financial reports.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Ensures implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Recommends, develops and maintains financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Interacts with external auditors in completing audits.
- Assist with the development of the annual operating budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of one year of accounting experience required.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software application with the ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of intermediate MS Excel skills to include lookup functions and pivot tables
- Understanding of ethics and confidentiality required.
- Must be able to exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule if necessary.
GraceMed Health Clinic
1150 N. Broadway
Wichita, Kansas 67214