at Dondlinger & Sons Construction Co. Inc in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Dondlinger Construction Company is one of the industry’s most experienced general contractors with over 122 years in business. Founded in 1898, Dondlinger has a long history of completing landmark projects throughout the region, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri and Iowa. We have capabilities in commercial building, civil construction; including bridge and heavy highway, and underground utility construction. In addition, Dondlinger works year-round, has career advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. Visit our website at www.dondlinger.biz to learn more about our completed and currently “under construction” projects, our rich past and our exciting future. Dondlinger Construction is an EEO Employer. Women, Veterans Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Class A CDL Truck Driver
The following is a summary of likely duties that will be asked of you during employment with Dondlinger Construction Company. Reporting to the shop manager/dispatcher, you are responsible for the safe operations of your assigned vehicle and the load you are tasked with. Your duties may however, extend beyond this job description.
3-5 years proven experience in a CDL Class A Truck Driver role performing any of the following duties on construction projects, sometimes working in a utility capacity, by transferring from one job to another where equipment, material and supply demands are required.
- Responsible for hauling equipment to and from job sites.
- Will haul materials and supplies to and from site as needed. This can include but is not limited to: wood, sand, fuel, water and concrete.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment each day before driving begins to ensure vehicle is in a safe driving condition.
- Should be able to handle manual transmission vehicles.
- May assist other workers in loading and unloading of the vehicle. This could require lifting up to 100 lbs. or more.
- Ensure that load is tightly and safely secured in or on vehicle. May be required to tie rope or secure chains around load.
- May be required to perform emergency roadside repair to vehicles, including but not limited to: changing tires, installing light bulbs and installing spark plugs.
- Must be aware of and obey all rules of traffic to ensure safe driving.
- Must maintain a good driving record during employment.
- May be required to run front end loader to fill truck with material.
- Other miscellaneous duties as directed by your supervisor.
- Know company safety policies and adhere to them while working at all times.
- Adhere to all DOT rules and regulations regarding your role.
- Work boots, safety glasses and a hard hat are required even for drivers.
- Truck drivers will also be in an environment with constant vibrations, jarring and climbing in and out of the truck.
- Most truck drivers are usually instructed to serve in other roles during the down times in driving. The roles could range from general labor to equipment operating.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Endorsements required for the tasks are required.
- Must have passed a DOT physical and possess a valid DOT card.
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time off
Dondlinger is an EEO compliant company. Physical & Drug Screen required. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Dondlinger & Sons Construction Co. Inc
2656 S. Sheridan, PO Box 398
Wichita, Kansas 67217