at JR Custom Metal Products Inc* in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionQuality Inspector Job Details Level Experienced Job Location JRCMP Main Office - Wichita, KS Position Type Full Time Description
The Quality Inspector is responsible for establishing and maintaining a quality inspection program that supports the JRCM Quality Management System by ensuring product specifications are met, enhancing employee development in regard to compliance with quality measures, and monitoring of the production process.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB TASKS:
- Inspect, using various tools, incoming material, in-process production, and finished parts such as laser cut parts, brake parts, assembled parts, weldments, painted and powder coated parts, etc., against the specifications and tolerances on the production drawing to ensure they meet designated requirements.
- Investigate any quality issues to determine the root cause and communicate the findings to the appropriate production personnel to ensure the source of the issue is corrected in order to eliminate a recurrence of the problem.
- Document all problems/errors found in drawings, bill of materials, jigs, equipment, and processes and report to appropriate department for correction.
- Identify system and process improvement opportunities in order to prevent and/or correct quality issues.
- Coordinate calibration of equipment and tools.
- Conducts material testing and analysis utilizing tools and equipment and apply technical knowledge necessary to conduct test.
- As a member of the Internal Audit Team, conduct and document process and system audits using written procedures and audit standards.
- Complete First Article Inspections and necessary FAI reporting.
- Document and follow up on Non-Conforming material reports.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the role and level of responsibilities of position.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibilities and job tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must possess high organizational skills to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Microsoft Office computer skills; required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Welding Inspection a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret both internal and external quality standards and specifications.
- Previous experience in utilization of measurement tools.
- Ability to interact with all areas of production and to work as a team with all internal departments to identify and solve problems.
- Must be self-motivated. Ability to work with little Supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or the equivalent; required.
- 3 years of experience in Quality Inspection in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- None required.
- Physical requirements include standing, walking, squatting, kneeling, lifting, carrying, seeing, reaching, writing, wearing safety footwear, using eye and ear protection, and working indoors/outdoors.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Exposure to shop environment including working in hot/cold conditions and moderate to loud noise levels.
- Working more than 40 hours per week may be required on a frequent basis in order to complete company deliverables.
JR Custom Metal Products Inc*
2237 S West St Ct
Wichita, Kansas 67213