at JR Custom Metal Products Inc* in Wichita, Kansas, United States
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that all JR Custom Metal Products equipment is always in good working order. This includes completing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting equipment for mechanical and operational issues, planning repairs, and executing corrective actions to return equipment to working order as quickly as possible.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB TASKS:
- Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition of the buildings do not deteriorate
- Reports possible issues to Management and the completion of preventative maintenance to the Maintenance Coordinator.
- Repairs equipment to return it to good working order in an efficient and effective manner
- Maintains organization, cleanliness, and safety in assigned areas.
- Complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of machinery, including plumbing, electrical jobs, heating and air conditioning, structural concerns and more depending on the scope of the project.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibilities and job tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must possess high organizational skills to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to interact with all areas of production and to work as a team with all internal departments to identify and solve problems.
- Must be self-motivated. Ability to work with little Supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or the equivalent; required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- None required.
- Physical requirements include standing, walking, squatting, kneeling, lifting, carrying, seeing, reaching, writing, wearing safety footwear, using eye and ear protection, and working indoors/outdoors.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Exposure to shop environment including working in hot/cold conditions and moderate to loud noise levels.
- Working more than 40 hours per week may be required on occasion.
JR Custom Metal Products Inc*
2237 S West St Ct
Wichita, Kansas 67213