at Hostess Brands, Inc. in Emporia, Kansas, United States
• Responsible for setting up wrapping machines for proper variety of product being produced, ensuring the
proper code is being run and is in correct location and is legible, completing code verification, seal
integrity, packaging verification and lot tracking sheets at specified times and notifying supervision when
any check is not in compliance with company standards.
• Ensure machines are running at proper speeds.
• Trouble shoots and addresses electrical and mechanical issues. This position will also require the ability to
read PLC logic and electrical schematics on all required equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance.
• Keeps work area and machines clean always.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
▪ Ensure that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards of food quality, safe
processes, compliance with all appropriate legal requirements and a focus on continuous process
▪ Maintain current and complete records of all activities – i.e. PM’s, safety, inventory, asset inventory, parts
▪ Assist with re-wraps and break operators as necessary.
▪ Communicates all changes at the time they are made and at shift change.
▪ Completes daily log sheets and distributes to supervision at the end of the shift.
▪ Ensures safety, legality and quality of product.
▪ Order parts used to keep parts inventory at proper level.
▪ Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
▪ High school diploma or equivalent required.
▪ A BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering is desired but not required.
▪ Understanding of commercial bakeries and bakery equipment
▪ A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position is required. Experience in Food Processing is a
▪ Understands the unique equipment in a bakery production plant, along with operation of that equipment
relative to the baking process. Ability to trouble shooting equipment to ensure optimum efficiency and
▪ Oral and Written Communication - Effective
▪ Personal Computer Skills - Literate with MS Excel, Word.
▪ Electrical and electronic troubleshooting.
▪ Manufacturing Environment
▪ Ability to climb ladders is required
▪ Ability to sit (5%), stand (25%), walk (25%), kneel/squat (25%), and bend (20%) for 12 hours. Ability to
lift approximately up to a maximum of 75 pounds, approximately 2 times per week from floor to waist.
▪ Ability to reach overhead various times per day and to ground various times per day.
▪ Climbing stairs and ladders various times per day.
OTHER ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS NOT LISTED ABOVE INCLUDE:
▪ Setting and Achieving Goals - Successfully coaches, trains, and follows up with people to ensure
production goals are met.
▪ Understands Hostess scheduling for efficiency, ingredient and product flow, and distribution.
▪ Familiar with Hostess bread cake products and equipment
▪ Please see Engineering tool list.
Hostess Brands, Inc.
Emporia, Kansas 66801