at Norfolk Iron & Metal in EMPORIA, Kansas, United States
SAFETY: All employees are responsible for their own safety. Additionally all employees are responsible for the safety of their co-workers. The saw operator must follow all OSHA and safety guidelines while operating the saw. Employee responsibilities will include but are not limited to: performing duties in a safe and efficient manner, properly use and wear required personal protective equipment as directed by the PPE Assessment/ Hazard Analysis for the position, report all accidents, incidents and unsafe acts or conditions to their supervisor immediately, make on-the-spot corrections of unsafe conditions with-in their capabilities, make on-the-spot corrections to employees performing unsafe acts , and set a good safety example. All employees will be held accountable for violations of safety policies and procedures.
Qualified candidate will:
- Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, and sequence of operation.
- Position the steel and secure the steel onto the machine and will use a vice to ensure the steel will be secured on the table.
- Utilize hand tools to adjust the steel to ensure quality of the cut. The operator may push, pull to adjust the steel on the table.
- Adjust the controls to set and regulate machining factors, such as pressure, speed and angle of the saw.
- Monitor and inspect the saw while cutting the steel to ensure proper cut and difficulty while cutting, inspect the blade before and after each cut to ensure the blades effectiveness.
- Count and record finished goods and handle the shipping instructions. Operator must tag and mark finished goods and drop material and place the drop material into the proper area.
- Tag and mark finished goods and drop material and place the drop material into the proper area
- Use a banding machine and/or crimper for banding finished materials and drops
- Dump waste material in a tub to be scrapped
- Stack material according to ANSI standards for steel fabrication shops, fabricating structural steel and steel plate safety requirements
- Use bolt cutters, band cutters, crowbars and other hand tools to perform the essential job functions
- Must read a tape measure and micrometer
- Weld, torch, drill and notch and operate other processing equipment
- Must understand the paperwork and customer requirements.
- Clean the work site area by using brooms, rags, or cleaning compounds and will use proper housekeeping practices
- Perform other duties as specified by the supervisor
- Warehouse personnel must follow the ISO Quality System.
The physical demand for a saw operator is listed as heavy, according to Dictionary of Occupational Titles, 4th edition, 1991. The essential job functions of the saw operator is exerting 50 to 100 pounds occasionally, and /or 25 to 50 pounds frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly. The saw operator may be asked to perform other duties as specified by the supervisor. Warehouse personnel must follow the ISO Quality System.
Norfolk Iron & Metal Co. is an equal opportunity employer
Norfolk Iron & Metal
WEAVER & SOUTH AVENUE
EMPORIA, Kansas 66801