at GraceMed Health Clinic in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionCommunity Outreach RN Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director Outreach and Eligibility Supervision Responsibilities: No Essential Role: Community Outreach Nurse will be a part of a community-based outreach team that responds to community needs. The role will focus on needs related to COVID-19, homelessness, but specific job duties and focus will change based on need. This position will work closely with the Director of Outreach and Eligibility to coordinate community-testing, vaccines, screening and outreach events. The Community Outreach Nurse will assist with day-to-day operations of community events including all clinical aspects. Although the position is based in Wichita, the position will be mobile and some time working at events within the community. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of nursing practices and procedures
- Knowledge of state health regulations for public health and can provide recommendations for community testing and outreach events.
- Work closely with the Director of Outreach and Eligibility to plan, implement, and coordinate community events.
- Adhere to established patient screening procedures.
- Manage day-to-day community-based event operations including staffing needs, supporting fellow team members, addressing patient concerns, and troubleshooting solutions if complication arise.
- Maintain knowledge of current guidelines and recommendations, including vaccination information, for COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Provide vaccinations and document as required.
- Participates in providing professional medical services to homeless population in Sedgwick Count in order to complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic.
- Provides patient education, screenings, and other healthcare needs as appropriate for role both inside and outside of GraceMed facilities.
- Assist with all other duties assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current State of Kansas licensure as RN
- Able to maintain appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
- CPR certification (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- Experience in public health and/or homeless population is preferred.
- Prior outreach experience is preferred.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems.
- Able to provide innovative input into the development of the office and its processes.
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations.
- Able to effectively work with homeless population.
GraceMed Health Clinic
1122 N. Topeka
Wichita, Kansas 67214