at JR Custom Metal Products Inc* in WICHITA, Kansas, United States
This position supports the mission of JR Custom Metal Products, Inc. by producing parts that meet the specification and quality standards of the customer.
Job Brief - 2nd shift (3:30pm - 2am)
- Sets up CNC Press Brake (computer numerical control machine) for the purpose of bending, cutting, shaping or forming material by following specifications placed on a work order, blueprint or drawing. Tasks may include assembling cutting tools in tool holders and positioning tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, and measuring instruments, or inserting cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, or drawings to determine set up procedure, machine sequence, and dimensions of finished product. Tasks may include prioritizing steps and collecting material.
- Produces parts per specifications. Tasks may include listening to the machine operation to detect malfunctions, manipulating controls and entering commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine, changing cutting tools and location of product during machine process as specified in set up instructions.
- Loads control media such as a disk, tape or punch card for the purpose of manufacturing product by machine control console. Tasks may include entering commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Measures, marks, and verifies dimensions on parts and materials for the purpose of completing procedures and inspecting the quality of parts. Tasks may include reading a variety of precision measuring instruments and matching to documented specifications. Instruments may include calipers, micrometers, Statistical Process Control (SPC), height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- Other tasks as assigned or necessary
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibilities and job tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and product specifications.
- The ability and maturity to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- The ability to operate hand tools.
- Continually demonstrate a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Work in such a way as to create limited scrap or rework and work to continually improve quality level.
- Keep work area clean.
- Be able to provide all of the proper tools and equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or the equivalent, required.
- 2 years of CNC Press Brake experience, required
- Basic math skills with ability to read tape measure.
- Ability to read blueprints
- None required.
- Frequent standing, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, and twisting, required.
- Ability to comply with safety requirements of manufacturing environment (for example: safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc.), required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds independently, required.
- Exposure to shop environment.
- Working more than 40 hours per week may be required in order to complete company deliverables.
BENEFITS: Available to full time employees
- Holiday pay
JR Custom Metal Products Inc*
2237 SOUTH WEST COURT
WICHITA, Kansas 67213