at Spirit AeroSystems in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world’s premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Team up with others to fabricate, inspect, rework and maintain tools of all types and ensure tool configuration control and the timely delivery of quality products to the customer.
Role and Responsibility
• Plan, estimate, sequence, and perform any task required to fabricate, assemble, maintain and rework any type of Detail or Assembly tooling. Coordinate, estimate, and sequence work with other employees and support organizations.
• Use processes such as cutting, grinding, spotting, painting, hand finish, shaping, bending, drilling, reaming, tapping, wiring, plumbing, lay-up and minor welding.
• Operate all types of precision hand measurement equipment required to fabricate tools including Micrometers, Digital Calipers, Depth Gages, Height Gages and shop power equipment including but not limited to Drill Presses, Bench Sanders, Band Saws, Bridgeport milling machines etc.
• Understand and interpret Tool Engineering drawings, Tool Design drawings, TMLO, CATIA models and CAD software.
• Prefer 1-2 year experience operating Coordinate Measurement Systems including Faro, Leica or API Laser Trackers, Arms and the operation of SA, Verisurf, metrolog and Polyworks software systems. Understand basic shop math/ trig and GD&T requirements.
• Must be willing and able to work any shift• Be willing to work Overtime• High School or GED Completion
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Posted Date13 hours ago(4/1/2021 2:09 PM)
Wichita, Kansas 67202