at Globe Engineering Company Inc. in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionFull Job Description
JOB POSTING – DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
If you have experience in Aviation as a Development Planner and looking for a great opportunity with a dynamic EMPLOYEE-OWNED manufacturing company, Globe Engineering might be the place for you. Globe was established in 1946 in Wichita Kansas where it produced child safety seats for automobiles. We have grown over the years and now we supply tubes and sheet metal parts to a variety of aviation companies throughout the world. Being part of an EMPLOYEE-OWNED company has several benefits, the profits are returned to the employees in the form of an excellent retirement plan, company stocks, bonuses, and a solid benefits package.
Job Objective: Develops first article planning to meet engineering and customer requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete end to end planning, direction and co-ordination of all the manufacturing processes.
- Read, understand aircraft blueprints and specifications.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Collects, organizes, and analyze data, summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must read, understand aircraft blueprints and specifications.
- Good understanding of special processing (heat treat, chemical processing, welding, NDT etc.).
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to convey ideas.
- Basic knowledge of material characteristics.
- Ability to multitask and retain large quantities of information.
- Usual working days/hours: Monday thru Thursday 6:00am – 4:30pm; Friday 6:00am – 3:30pm. Working hours and or shift are subject to change based company needs, may require working on Saturday.
- Manufacturing shop environment
- Frequently walks throughout the shop
- Some exposure to high noise level
- Micro Soft Office (Word, EXCEL) Outlook.
- CATIA, CAD and Enovia
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer two (2) years of CATIA experience, Enovia or CAD experience a plus
- Prefer five (5) years aviation experience, preferably as a Development Planner or M.E.
This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.
Globe Engineering Co. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion, termination, layoff recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training and job status without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, and national origin, and age, physical or mental disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to our job openings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Aviation Development Planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Globe Engineering Company Inc.
1539 SOUTH SAINT PAUL
Wichita, Kansas 67213