at Yingling Aviation Inc. in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionSummary of Accountabilities
Manages day-to day client interaction, coordinates, plans and schedules multiple modifications and/or maintenance inspections for piston and/or turbine-powered aircraft, primarily Textron models.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as liaison between the Director of Maintenance and all necessary personnel to communicate and coordinate multiple maintenance inspections.
- Compile labor hours worked and compute charges on work orders to generate invoices to customers.
- Develop and maintain constant communication with client in order to set and manage client expectations and increase satisfaction.
- Responsible for keeping projects on track for the purposes of accounting, including tracking hours, determining revenue recognition and ensuring timely and accurate invoicing.
- Responsible for all communication with team, vendors, and clients by meeting regularly, resolving issues, and communicating information tactfully.
- Provides leadership and serves as a role model by helping to manage the development of the team and helps to mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- Gather, understand and explain complex technical details to customers regarding the work being completed on their aircraft. When necessary, include subject matter experts to help.
- Coordinate customer requests between maintenance, avionics and interiors and keep customers informed on all issues.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications needed to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Coordinate completion dates between various steps of any major installation or modifications.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Maintenance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent; prefer 4-year degree
- A&P License is required
- 5+ years of project management experience in aviation is preferred
- 5+ years of direct supervisory skills; may supervise 10-20 mechanics
- Must possess and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers, to include email correspondence and explaining complex technical issues over the phone. A Skills Assessment will be used to measure this.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Microsoft project is preferred
- Able to work required schedule without deviation
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license
- Meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write clear, concise correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Good grammar and spelling skills.
- Able to lift, crawl, kneel, bend and stoop without restrictions.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Able to walk and stand for long distances/time frames.
- Able to climb and balance in high places.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather.
- Exposure to loud noises.
- Able to work in high, precarious places.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Responsible for associated Avionics financials and ability to maintain a specified budget for assigned department projects.
Working Knowledge of MS office applications including word, excel, access, and Microsoft outlook.
Limited travel required.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please
Yingling Aviation Inc.
PO BOX 9248
Wichita, Kansas 67209