at Talascend in Troy, Michigan, United States
Talascend is currently seeking a Production Operator for a contract opportunity located in New Century, KS.
- Reads and follows MOs.
- Assembles packaging boxes, reads electronics scales and packages complete blended product in accordance with label description.
- Seals internal plastic liners using electronic sealer.
- Places completed boxes onto pallet and may wrap pallet.
- Adjust controls as needed to ensure quality production. May increase or decrease speed of equipment using HMI or other controls.
- May pack whole product by hand or pack into box by weight. Inspects product to ensure that is made according to specifications.
- Performs sanitation duties to keep area clean at all times.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP requirements.
- Adheres to uniform requirements and company PPE requirements.
- Works with QA department to provide necessary samples at prescribed times.
- Makes necessary adjustments to product based on feedback.
- Assists crew members when necessary
- Assists with detailed cleaning activities in room as well as other areas of plant on a regular basis. Ensures that all lines have a smooth transition to oncoming shift.
- Delivers a clean, well-ordered room to replacement each shift.
- Fills out all necessary paperwork.
- Ensures that all bag waste is disposed of or recycled as required.
- Ensures all safety rules are adhered to; communicating issues or concerns that cannot be resolved by crew or supervisors.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently Lift or move up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- The employee must frequently bend, twist, and reach and stand for long lengths of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
5700 Crooks Road, Suite 320
Troy, Michigan 48098