at University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) – Unit 53 Inpatient Internal Medicine Unit
Position Summary / Career Interest:The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
Internal Medicine – Unit 53
Our unit is extremely focused on teamwork and the best patient care can only happen with teamwork. We love having new people join our team and do this by having a very open and welcoming culture. We support and develop all members of our team creating a culture of continuous learning. We opened this unit as a team in November 2017 which was an amazing experience. We have all learned and grown so much in our nursing careers and got to do this together. We are so fortunate to care for such a wide variety of patients. Every day we are all seeing or learning something new to make us better nurses and caregivers.
This medical surgical 28 bed unit provides advanced and specialized care to patients with a wide variety of medical conditions including renal failure, liver failure, respiratory complications, infections and many other diagnoses. Comorbidities and psychosocial backgrounds in turn creates individualized and customized care for each of our patients. Nurse to patient ratio is 4:1.
This unit is identified as a dedicated unit for the patient population it serves, allowing for close collaboration with the physicians and other ancillary team members.
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Patient Care Services – Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS. Must have at least 2 years of RN experience.
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- 6 months or more experience as a Clinical Nurse
Job Requisition ID:R-195
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
University of Kansas Hospital
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, Kansas 66103