at Illinois Tool Works, Inc. in Olathe, Kansas, United States
Inventory Control Specialist
+ 805 E Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, KS 66061, USA
+ FLSA Status: Non-ExemptCompany Description We are an established company with a brand portfolio that is well recognized. Full health benefits after the 1st day of the month following hire, paid time off, sick time and 11 paid holidays are some of the benefits we are offer our employees. Job Description Summary
The Inventory Control Specialist maintains organizational channels of communication regarding inventory issues and works closely with production management, warehouse management, and Customer Service Representatives to manage and maintain lead times. This position will play an integral role in preparing and processing physical inventory and routine cycle counts.Essential Duties
• Assist in conducting physical inventories and monthly cycle counts
• Routinely inspect the inventory for damage or shrinkage and report results to management
• Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and for inventory adjustments
• Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems
• Establish safety stock levels to buffer against supply / demand variation
• Identify, track and propose solutions to root cause counter measures of inventory errors, adjustments and/or cycle count var-iances
• Trains other shipping and receiving departmental employees on cycle counting and inventory control processes.
• Accurately receive inventory in our system and distribute throughout the shop and storeroom
• Coordinate cycle count operations and physical inventory activities
• Communicate with operations on any inventory and/or packaging shortages as well as working to resolve issues
• Assist with other supply chain analysis, initiatives, and projects as needed
• Perform inventory analysis weekly for slow-moving inventory, obsolete material, inventory imbalances, inventory cost reduc-tion opportunities, and drive for resolutions
• Act as backup for shipping, receiving, and/or any other team members when necessary
• Operate material handling equipment, including potential use of forklifts or other equipment with appropriate training.
• Follow all Company safety procedures and good housekeeping practices.
• Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous material handling equipment experience preferred
• 1-3 years experience in inventory, distribution and operational proceduresAdditional Information
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Job Location
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
Olathe, Kansas 66063