Analytics Sr Software Developer-Media Services, OCI
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Analytics Engineer – Video Analytics and Understanding
Oracle Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development – Media Services – (Join OCI)
Senior Software Engineer
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
*OCI Media Services *is an exciting new team working on a suite of OCI-native services in the digital media space. We are building services from the ground up that run the gamut from content transcode and streaming to information extraction and analytics.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key player in building distributed, scalable, fault tolerant software systems in support of our business needs and end customer. You will participate in the entire software lifecycle – development, testing, CI/CD and production operations.
From a technology perspective, this is a greenfield development environment with a huge amount of autonomy, leaving us free to build and innovate without being encumbered by legacy products and services.
- 3 years of experience shipping scalable distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Design, implementation, and operation of customer facing APIs and services.
- Experience delivering microservices, third party service integration, and cloud deployments that are designed for scalability and site reliability.
- Proficient in Java, Python, or C
- Able to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Performance optimization executing on large data sets
- Internal infrastructure setup and operation for distributed computing and data processing (k8s, kubeflow, MPI, Spark, …).
- Experience with time series data and drill down analysis.
- Experience operating deep learning models.
- Not afraid to challenge assumptions as situations change.
- Develop and operate services for data capture related to video consumption.
- Publish event data to configurable event subscribers (Kafka, OCI Notifications, etc.).
- Aggregate event data to time series databases.
- Build dashboards in Grafana to support drill down analysis of video consumption metrics.
- Operate and scale deep learning services for ML training and evaluation.
- Implement services to support data labeling for ML training sets.
- Integrate with other service providers for analyzing audio and video.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
The service engineers will support the capture and publication of/Quality of Experience/and/Consumption/metrics to customers of Oracle’s Media Services. In addition, they will provide software engineering and operational expertise to the Machine Learning sub-team to support Video Understanding (image analysis, automatic speech recognition, NLU, …). Some of these ML services will be provided by other teams at Oracle that you will need to integrate with. The ML services will be exposed for use in the Content Encoding pipeline provided by other parts of the Media Service offering. You will coordinate with OCI’s Data Service team so they can expose the ML models for general use by OCI customers.
Job: Product Development
Title: Analytics Sr Software Developer-Media Services, OCI
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 200012EG