Master Principal Cloud Solution Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Partners with customers, sales, engineering and product teams to design, demonstrate and deploy Oracle Cloud architectures that address customer business problems. Drives Oracle Cloud customer consumption by accelerating the adoption of Oracle cloud services including discovery, design and deployment.
Responsible for engaging with strategic and more complex customers, builds leadership relationships at multiple levels within organizations in order to design and implement solutions. Works directly with customers to gather requirements, develop architectures and translates business needs into solutions. May implement solutions and ensure successful deployments through code development and scripting. Displays product/application understanding through highly customized presentation demonstrations to customers and at conferences and events. Supports customer from Proof of Concept (POC) through production deployment of services via resource configuration, planning, and customer education/training. Creates and distributes technical assets (white papers, solution code, blog posts, and video demonstrations). Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new solutions, products, and processes. Maintains expertise by staying current on emerging technologies. Acts as an acknowledged authority for customers and sales on technical cloud solutions and customer success. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. Identifies gaps and enhancements to influence engineering roadmaps for customer driven features. Maintains expertise by staying current on emerging technologies.
Minimum qualifications include: 12 years experience with computer applications and tools required. Ability to travel 50% international and domestic. Preferred but not required qualifications include: Bachelor of Science-level university degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering from accredited university; and/or relevant 12 years technical experience. Advanced degree in relevant field of studies highly desirable. Expertise in and an in depth and thorough knowledge of penetrating accounts, meeting stakeholders within accounts, and interaction with C level; Competitive and industry knowledge in the field of computer applications and tools; System and application design; Implementation of advanced product features; Project management; Solving technical problems with customers in technical environments; Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; Needs analysis, positioning, and business justification. 12 years experience and expertise in the clear communication of technical information to others through presentations, demonstrations, written communication and consultative solutioning experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Principal Cloud Solution Architect is to work with Oracle’s top Cloud customers to adopt Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). You will bridge the gap between business and technology, speaking the value language of business and technology with Clevel individuals. You will collaborate with Sales and several other internal OCI teams including Product Management and various pillar architects to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address the customer’s business problems and accelerate the adoption of Oracle Cloud services. You need to combine a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
Responsibilities & Qualification
- In partnership with the sales team, you will execute on the technical sales strategy toward consumption objectives through the adoption of Oracle Cloud.
- Interact with all roles at customer – including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and Business representatives.
- As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers to understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the Cloud.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of Oracle Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful cloud deployments.
- Conduct how-to training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using Oracle Cloud.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, Product Management, engineering teams and Oracle support.
- Leverage leadership skills to support the Sales Team in closing deals.
- Develop deep expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud platform.
- Lead efforts to share best-practices amongst the Oracle Cloud community.
- Help lead and generate excitement and usage of Oracle Cloud services to top Oracle Cloud customers to become reference accounts.
- Ability to map enterprise architectures through solution and technical architectures that deliver expected business benefits and prove to be resilient in the face of changing business requirements.
- Experience in multi-cloud migrations and implementations
- Broad and deep experience with technology transformation and significant On-Premise Cloud solution experience in at least two of these areas:
o Migrating complex enterprise workloads from on-premise to public cloud
o Architecting Critical customer applications that run the entire business (Packaged, Custom or SaaS)
o Defining future roadmaps and transformation execution
- Broad and deep experience with industry concepts including:
o Infrastructure, Networking, Security, Analytics, Data Management/Warehousing, Application and Data Integration.
o High Availability and Disaster Recovery / Maximum Availability Architecture.
- Strong executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
- Have owned or been involved in the platform choices and decisions for the on-premises to Cloud journey.
- Technical and customer-facing skills enabling you to be the technical interface between Oracle Cloud teams and end customers
- Public Cloud Certifications HIGHLY PREFERRED (Oracle, AWS, Google, Azure, etc.).
- Oracle Database and platform technology experience HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Other desired certifications like TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, Cobit, Prince, PMP a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. Advanced degree highly desirable.
Open to travel as Required
Job: Pre Sales
Title: *Master Principal Cloud Solution Engineer *
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 200011DT