Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Shawnee, KS 66217
Imaging Engineer AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Days
Monday – Friday
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect diagnostic imaging systems, medical equipment and instrumentation, including life-support equipment.
- Document repair tickets from third party vendors.
- Assist with and evaluate third-party repairs.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff.
- Communicate with department managers and team members on equipment repairs and status.
- Uses Joint Commission recommendations and AAMI standards for medical equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections.
- Run diagnostic programs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) Preferred
- Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CBES) Preferred
Under minimal supervision, provide repairs, calibration, testing, and maintenance of diagnostic imaging equipment and systems to ensure safe and appropriate operations. Maintain documentation of all service events, and corrective maintenance performed on a wide range of imaging technologies. Solve complex problems using all available resources, such as technical manuals and schematics, co-worker experience, training and technical support from vendors and manufacturers. Maintain complete and consistent documentation in the electronic work order system on all Radiology equipment and biomedical equipment. Maintains records of all corrective, preventive and outside contractor work on all equipment. Must be familiar with, understand and be able to implement requirements from regulatory agencies such as Kansas Department of Health and Environmental Radiation Programs and Bureau of Radiological Health. Communicates all work issues with the Bio Medical Eng Manager. Response shall be consistent and professional at all times. Provides support with preventive maintenance for all biomedical equipment if needed. Participates in Quality Improvement program. There is on-call rotation with this position.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.