Certifed Medical Assistant Internal Medicine FT
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Ottawa, KS 66067
Medical Assistant Certified (CMA) or Registered (NRMA) AdventHealth Ottawa
Location Address: 1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ottawa
- Family friendly community
- Excellent cost of living
- Five major recreational lakes
- Many annual events and festivals
- Environment committed to patient care
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
- Full Time
- Obtains prior authorizations on specific medication, diagnostic testing/imaging as ordered by provider
- Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and infection control when performing clinical duties and tasks
- Performs time-sensitive delegated tasks, which includes but not limited to request for prescription refills per protocols and EHR messages
- Completes communication loops to provide feedback and answers to providers, patients, families and pharmacies & vendors.
- Constructively collaborates with team to find the optimal office efficiencies while maintaining patient centered care
- High School or GED
Perform clerical and/or patient care duties in the medical practice to support medical providers and nursing in the examination and treatment of clinic patients. These staff members function under the supervision and authority of the licensed physician, or non-physician provider licensed in State of Kansas. Maintains efficient patient flow, supports an environment of patient safety and satisfaction and demonstrates problem-solving skills. Constructively collaborates with team to find the optimal office efficiencies while maintaining patient centered care. Available to provide back-up and coverage to multiple RMH clinics, registration desks, and performing front and back office duties; schedules appointments, greets patients, and prepares charts; performs registration and check-in/out functions; verifies insurance benefits; maintains various records and databases of information; prepares correspondence and reports; assists the supervising physician in direct patient care, including exams and treatments within the office setting. Responds to caller general information requests and inquiries; refers callers to appropriate area; performs other duties as assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.