Manager, Dining Services - FULL TIME
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
McPherson, KS 67460
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Plans, manages, and coordinates activities of the dining services department at one or more locations, and provides food services for residents and employees.
1. Develops standards for organization and supervision of dining services.
2. Maintains quality dining services within the prescribed budget.
3. Determines quality and quantity of food required; plans menus and controls food costs; may be scheduled to prepare meals.
4. Oversees the food preparation and cooking, to ensure meals are prepared per company procedures.
5. Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and serving areas to determine that regulations governing food safety and sanitation are followed.
6. Prepares cleaning schedule, production worksheet and staff schedules.
7. Maintains inventory of food and nonfood items.
8. Selects, orients, and trains new employees in department; effectively delegates authority to dining services staff to ensure effective flow of materials and services.
9. Develops and directs cost control system; prepares and submits department budget to director.
10. Provides nutrition education and counseling for residents; presents dining services education program to dining services and other staff as needed.
11. Ensures safe work procedures are developed and followed, to include those relating to employee injuries, prevention, and infection control.
12. Ensures a continuous quality improvement program is in place and appropriate follow-up occurs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Two to four years experience in commercial kitchen, operation and line cooking, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. State food service certification required, if applicable. ACF Certified Sous Chef (CSC) preferred.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Basic typing skills are essential. A thorough knowledge of food safety and sanitation, culinary nutrition, and supervisory management is required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
+ Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
+ Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
+ On-Call on an as needed basis
+ Reach with hands and arms
+ Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
+ Talk or hear
+ Exposure to latex
+ Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
+ Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
+ Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
+ Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.Schedule: Regular Full-Time