Senior Operations Planning Analyst (Remote)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Senior Operations Planning Analyst (Remote) – (20047M)
Primary Location : US-KS-Overland Park
Shift : Day
Study, justify, recommend and develop solutions to problems utilizing existing operation planning models and processes to evaluate or, if necessary, development of new tools to address the issue. Primary areas of analysis are terminals, linehaul and equipment planning and optimization. As well as service performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conduct research and analysis related to service center network and linehaul operations to balance cost considerations with customer service requirements. Present recommendations to management.
2. Coordinate the development and implementation of changes of operations related to network and/or linehaul structure and service standard requirements.
3. Coordinate and support field management in efforts and activities involving service center and linehaul enhancements, tools and systems. Provide analysis and seek to identify problems within these areas and recommend opportunities for improvement.
4. Develop regular dialogue directly with key corporate and field customers, as well as executive management on understand the changing business environment and area of opportunity in the assigned area of responsibility.
5. Responsible to measure and monitor the results of a management decision to evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented change and make recommendation. Produce reports documenting results of the processes.
6. Develop computerized models and systems. Identify and introduce new applications of management science, statistics and technology to provide support for improved operations.
7. Develop training materials, tools, guides and job aids that create employee education and awareness within focused operating areas.
1. Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Five (5) years experience as an Operations Analyst.
3. Knowledge of modeling techniques and understanding of programming logic.
4. Knowledge and understanding of LTL network and operating procedures or other relevant trucking experience.
5. Demonstrated statistical and analytical problem solving skills.
6. Demonstrated effective organizational, planning and communication skills.
7. Proficient PC skills.
1. Advanced degree or MBA.
2. Six (6) years of progressive experience in service center operations, CDO or Linehaul.
3. Experience in optimization, programming and related software tools.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Req ID: 20047M