Onsite Senior Power Systems Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Onsite Senior Power Systems Engineer
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : B&V Special Projects Corp.
Req Id : 21664
Job Title : Onsite Senior Power Systems Engineer
Location : KCX
Business Unit Sector : SPC-GOV-FEDERAL SE
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
The Black & Veatch Federal Business is grounded in history and engineering the future. We have 100+ years of experience supporting the Federal government and are dedicated to employing talented and passionate professionals. Our vision is to be the greatest infrastructure solutions provider delivering top tier and high quality design and engineering services to the Federal government. Our primary areas of focus include: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) and Classified Design Services, Construction Services, Environmental Services, and Integrated Services.
Primary functions is the electrical project lead for a highly-complex Design-Build mega project already in construction, for at least 3 years. Secondary function as time allows is to support other small or medium projects as a technical specialist providing electrical knowledge and expertise.
• Make appropriate decisions on the spot regarding RFIs and perform design modifications as need as the primary electrical representative.
• Create concept and detailed power systems designs modifications; produces design drawings, specifications and design analysis documents
• Coordinate with a BIM team for drawing production; redline documents within Bluebeam. Ability to design in a 3D environment.
• Review submittals.
• Manages assigned budgets, schedules and quality requirements. Establishes work plan.
• Collaborates with clients, subcontractors, end users and design assist subcontractors as the B&V electrical representative.
• Collaborate with upwards of 100 team/client stakeholders (including high-ranking military officials) on conceptual designs, design reviews, etc.
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on complex projects
• Provides hands-on mentorship to discipline and interdisciplinary team members
• Provide support to business development and pursuit activities
• As a subject matter expert, has additional expertise in a technical area, participates in professional societies by presenting papers, participates on technical committees, and assists with code/standard authoring. Is externally recognized in industry as an expert which enhances the Company brand
Technical expertise to also include planning, design and construction oversight of a team of electrical engineers specializing in several of the following specialties:
• Mission critical power and controls
• Low and medium voltage distribution
• Primary/backup diesel generators and UPS systems
• Grounding and lightning protection
• Electrical studies
• Electronic security and telecommunications
• Multi-facility power systems including process facilities, SCIF spaces
• Design-Build contract type
Other desirable qualifications include:
• Specialize in power systems engineering for a minimum of four years, with a focus on delegation and mentoring
• Experience working for an entity of the Federal government; familiarity with the applicable unified facilities guide specifications and criteria, ability to use SpecsIntact or Dr. Checks
• Professional engineering license
• Masters degree in electrical engineering with a power emphasis
• Active US security clearance, or ability to obtain one
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment. May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffold
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital statu