Database Software Engineer Intern - Retail Global Business U
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Database Software Engineer Intern – Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU)
Oracle University Tech Recruiting
Burlington, MA; Atlanta, GA; Minneapolis, MN
Our future success depends on hiring world-class, early in career talent who are looking to power next-generation services and solutions. We are hiring students with a diverse set of skills and experiences to work in and across multiple teams within our Global Business Unit. Our program is intended to enhance your overall learning experience, help build your network, and accelerate your opportunity to make an impact.
Global Business Unit (GBU) is a dedicated development organization with deep domain expertise, specializing in building and operating industry specific cloud applications. Our organization with over 23,000 employees works on solving the most complex business problems across a wide range of industries, globally.
- Focused investment: $700 million annual R&D investment in industry applications
o Over 30 acquisitions; target segment leaders
- We serve 16M users across nearly 200,000 cloud customers in over 120 countries
- Leverage Oracle Cloud technology, operations, and global scale
The Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU) empowers commerce for 5,750 retailers in 96 countries. RGBU is focused on helping global retailers anticipate demand and inspire engagement. Work is centered on building agility into the retail process, from planning and supply chain to customer insight and engagement.
Oracle is the world’s leading provider of business software. With a presence in over 175 countries, we are one of the biggest technology companies on the planet. We’re using innovative emerging technologies to tackle real-world problems today. From advancing energy efficiency to reimagining online commerce, the work we do is not only transforming the world of business-it’s helping advance governments, power nonprofits, and giving billions of people the tools they need to outpace change.For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit us atoracle.com.* *
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking elite interns with the expertise and passion for solving challenging unique problems. You will use your knowledge and creativity to design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. You will be writing code, completing programming projects, and performing testing and debugging of Oracle software. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems in a collaborative, agile environment.
What You’ll Bring: (Objective Minimum Qualifications)
To be considered for a Database Software Engineer Intern position in the Retail Global Business Unit, you must possess the Objective Minimum Qualifications (OMQs) below. Please ensure that your application clearly indicates that you meet these OMQs, either on your resume and/or by uploading additional documentssuch as a transcript.
- Will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent science/engineering field during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Have completed ONLY your sophomore year toward your undergraduate degree by summer 2021.
- Have no more than 12 months of professional full-time work experience in the technology field (excluding internships, research and/or teaching assistant roles, and military experience). If you are interested in working at Oracle and you have more than 1 year of work experience in the technology field, please apply to Oracle’s experienced job openings. For information on currently open positions at Oracle, please visit http://oracle.com/goto/careers
- Have software application design and development experience (though coursework, project, internships, and/or research) using Java and SQL.
- Have experience with Linux/Unix operating systems though coursework, project, internships, and/or research.
- Have completed coursework, projects, internships, and or research in Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Have completed coursework, projects, internships, and/or research in*two or more*of the following technical areas:
o Database Systems
o Distributed Systems / Cloud computing
o Operating Systems
o Compilers / Computer Architecture
o AI / ML / Statistics
o Computer Security / Network Security
- Attend a university in the US.
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US in 2021.
What We’ll Give You:
High-impact projects:You’ll get the opportunity to directly influence our cutting-edge products. Got a question or idea? Voice it. Your curiosity could help advance our next-generation cloud applications and help us find new ways to apply emerging technologies like AI, machine learning, and blockchain.
Mentors that care:Work with industry-leading experts and award-winning engineers. On top of your project supervisor, you’ll be assigned a peer mentor-a recent hire who can help you navigate the internship experience. You’ll also be paired with intern buddies to ensure 360 degree support and engagement.
World-class training:Grow from once-in-a-lifetime learning opportunities and exposure to the latest technologies. You’ll benefit from comprehensive on-boarding and job-specific training that will help you get the most out of your time with us. Leadership training will help you build your business acumen.
*A fun-filled summer: *Enjoy a close-knit, community experience alongside your class of fellow summer interns. Our interns work across the length and breadth of our business but come together for fun weekly events like tech talks, networking, volunteering, and fun social happenings.
Getting to know you:
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: All Roles
Title: Database Software Engineer Intern – Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU)
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000YM2