Customer Care Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
LAWRENCE, KS 66045
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
This role is focused on servicing customers order on-time and in-full . This role is responsible for ensuring timely order entry in JDE, timely order acknowledgement to the customers, timely load creation for carrier planning, proactive communication to customers on order status, and timely invoicing.
1. Order Entry – Ensures customer order is encoded (Automatic or Manual) in the JDE accurately and on-time. Evaluates order quantity versus set MOQ. Evaluates requested delivery dates/ship dates versus published lead time. Ensures customer alignment on order lead time.
2. Order Acknowledgement – Ensures orders are acknowledged and communicated back to the customers within 24 hours. If process is via Auto Acknowledgement, ensures all information communicated are accurate and realistic. Managing customer expectation in this step is very critical in satisfying customer needs.
3. Order Status Communication – Generates or/and analyses open order reports. Evaluates and confirms ship dates with the Plant and Shipping teams then communicate to customers at least 1 week ahead of the ship date. Responsible for keeping the customer informed of status of the order ahead of time ensuring customer would have enough time to change/alter order to mitigate negative situation.
4. Demand Management and Control – Works very closely with the Plant Schedulers to ensure demand signal is understood in developing a cost-effective shop floor schedule.
5. Order Fulfilment Process Improvement – Responsible for finding process improvement opportunity to simplify day-to-day routine freeing up more time communicating with customers.
6. Service Risks Mitigation – Responsible for determining and escalating service risks and issues through proper channels in seeking resolutions and mitigation plans.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES: Success of this role will be measured by the following metrics;
1. Past Due Orders Trend and Goals
2. Manual vs Automatic Order Entry
3. Order Acknowledgment Turnaround Time
4. Load Building Turnaround Time
5. On-time and In-Full Delivery
+ Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
+ Independent in working effectively with little supervision
+ Proven analytical and problem solving skills
+ With a full understanding of the impact of role to total business costs
+ Excellent attention to details
+ Strong IT systems knowledge and skills Advanced Excel user
+ Ability to analyze and manipulate technical and complex data and provide meaningful information
+ Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Sales, Marketing, or Supply Chain
+ 1-2 years’ experience in customer service in a fast moving consumer or manufacturing environment
+ Proficiency in gathering, analyzing and interpreting data.
+ JDE/Cognos/Tableau proficiency a plus
+ Proficient in Microsoft Excel and related Office applications
+ Effectively communicate with customers, both external and internal
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID 2020-8343
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Category Customer Service