Senior Buyer/Planner (OEM-Automotive/Electronics)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
In operations and facilities, we literally do it all?in-house. We are looking for skilled, energetic individuals who want to join our quality, international shipping, manufacturing, office services, planning, purchasing, receiving, returns and warehouse teams. These associates do everything from delivering packages and purchasing supplies to assembling aviation panel mounts and ensuring our large shipments of goods are exported according to applicable international laws. Together, they proactively support associates and customers alike. If you?re ready to work ? and have fun, too ? come, help us put the pieces together!
We need goods ? and we need you to get them. We?re looking for a full-time Senior Buyer/Planner at our world headquarters in Olathe, KS. You will be responsible for developing and managing the acquisition, execution, and life-cycle of complex products/services.? Must drive performance to meet world-class levels in supplier Quality, Cost, Delivery and Service (QCDS) while consistently demonstrating exemplary customer service with suppliers and internal customers.? Additionally, understand the various needs, strategies, and objectives of internal customers and provide supply-chain leadership among associates and suppliers. Work closely with Engineering, Quality, and Commodity Teams to develop new sources of supply in support of products. Other essential functions include:
- Support other Garmin sites, as requested, in supply development and management of assigned commodities
- Provide excellent customer service by fostering open communication among Garmin teams and associates, act as liaison with suppliers, and develop and manage supplier relationships in support of Garmin?s mission statement
- Manage the planning, ordering and delivery of various components, products and services to ensure on-time delivery across all levels of the organization
- Closely monitor inventory levels of assigned commodities and products to maximize inventory turns and minimize exposure to obsolescence
- Review, analyze, develop and negotiate multiple procurement contracts in support of Garmin?s Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- Prepare cost price analysis for various supplier agreements and projects
- Review and compile inventory costing records, such as Purchase Price Variance (PPV), scrap and rework costs
- Knowledge of department processes and procedures, work instructions and training requirements for the Purchasing Department in support of ISO9001/QS9000/IATF16949, environmental programs, international trade compliance,
Due to the amount of resources and expense exhausted in training for this position, a minimum of one year from the start of this position will be required before an associate is eligible for a job transfer.?
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity