Electronics Technician (1st Shift)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
In operations and facilities, we literally do it all?in-house. We are looking for skilled, energetic individuals who want to join our quality, international shipping, manufacturing, office services, planning, purchasing, receiving, returns and warehouse teams. These associates do everything from delivering packages and purchasing supplies to assembling aviation panel mounts and ensuring our large shipments of goods are exported according to applicable international laws. Together, they proactively support associates and customers alike. If you?re ready to work ? and have fun, too ? come, help us put the pieces together!
Our customers love our products, but sometimes it?s just not the right fit. We?re seeking a skillful electronics technician with a passion for electronic theory to repair and overhaul aviation products returned by Garmin customers. Are you comfortable applying electrical testing procedures, tracing circuits of defective units and discussing layout and assembly problems to locate defects and repair units to the component level? If so, then complete this circuit and apply.
We?re looking for a full-time Electronics Technician (1st Shift) at our headquarters in greater Kansas City.? In this role you will apply electronic theory, electrical testing procedures and related knowledge to lay-out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul and modify developmental, production and customer returned Garmin product and electronic equipment. Other essential functions include:
- Trace circuits of defective units, using knowledge of electronic theory and electronic test equipment to locate defects and repair electronics to the component level
- Discuss layout and assembly problems with an Electronics Engineer, Process Engineer and management to clarify design details, functional criteria and issues encountered while repairing product
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to improve assembly, maintenance, test method or product performance
- Inspect, analyze and interpret test data
- Inspect, adjust, calibrate, align and modify circuitry and components and record effects on unit performance to repair units
- Record test/alignment procedures and results, defects, repair history, numerical and graphical data
- Must possess the ability to lift up to 25 pounds while using safe lifting techniques?
- Compliance with HRD-0003 (Non-Exempt Attendance Policy)
- Olathe associates only: Compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity