Software Quality Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
Information Technology is rebooting the workforce one computer, one operating system, one associate at a time. From developing new tools and implementing standards-based applications to managing Garmin servers, email and phone systems, the team uses industry-standard technologies but also creates customized programs to meet the company?s needs. At Garmin, IT teams are comprised of associates who share the same passion about what they do every day.?
If quality and testing are your thing, Garmin has your team! We?re looking for passionate Software Quality Engineers who want to make people?s lives safer, healthier and more enjoyable. From developing test plans to leading QA process improvements, we need self-motivated, team-oriented and confident professionals who strive for ? and exceed ? superiority. If you thrive on methodologies, validations and executions, we want to test you!
In this role, you?ll be responsible for these essential functions:?
- Participates in researching, identifying and implementing QA process improvements
- Manages large to very large QA functions with multiple, disparate stakeholders
- Develops complex test plans with multiple department participants and stakeholders
- Provides QA status and summary to wide audiences including senior management, including articulating risk and tradeoffs based upon level of test coverage completed prior to release, and determining root cause of SEVs and implementing regression test automation on production monitoring to identify issues in subsequent releases.?
- Identifies interdependencies in programs and serves as ‘go-to’ resource for QA knowledge and process improvement efforts
- Motivates and drive accountability from all QA team members with minimal supervision
- Contributes to technical research on new technologies, processes or procedures
- Provides technical input to solution development plans and concept documents
- Demonstrates understanding of business impacts of issues and how they relate to IT owned solutions ? advocates for the customer or end user
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity