Physical Therapist - Part Time - Salina, KS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Salina, KS 67401
Physical Therapist – Part Time – Salina, KS (393955-632D )
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our therapists answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our therapists provide compassionate rehabilitation care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life. The goal of inpatient rehabilitation is to help your patients live as independently as possible through specialized treatment programs.
Our care is designed specifically to help patients who have been impaired by an injury or illness such as a stroke, orthopedic or other neurological conditions. All of our rehabilitation hospitals feature care provided by an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team committed to helping patients progress to recovery. Our care is designed to help patients improve abilities and return to a more normal life.
As a Physical Therapist / PT you will:
- Put your physical therapy skills to work where they’re really needed -evaluate a patient’s condition, develop a treatment plan, and help them get better, day by day. You’ll also instruct the nursing staff and the patient’s families on follow-through programs that build on the progress they’ve made.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with RehabCare, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient’s family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
As a Physical Therapist / PT you will have:
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
- Valid National Provider Identification (NPI) number required.
- Minimum of one year physical therapy experience preferred.
- Current and unrestricted Physical Therapy license in the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Drug Free Workplace