7 on 7 off RN - KC Hospice
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Would you like to have every other week/weekend off? This is a full time position works 5pm to 8am each day M-F and on call all weekend. Then have the next week off.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
As primary individual accountable for coordinating the patient centered care for the healthcare team, is responsible for providing all services in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, federal, state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization.
1. Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
3. Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by writing and initiating plan of care, regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs, and participating in revising the plan of care as necessary.
4. Responsible for the planning, coordinating and delivery of quality interdisciplinary home health care services. Compliance with company standards and federal/state guidelines will be maintained at all times.
5. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
6. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
7. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
8. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
9. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
10. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
11. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
12. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Director/Director of Professional Services or the Clinical Supervisor/Assistant Director of Professional Services and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
13. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes and outcomes as appropriate.
14. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
15. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
16. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Minimum of one (1) year experience as a professional nurse. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Registered nurse in the State with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of the healthcare industry. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written and oral communication skills and human relation skills are essential. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Understands principles of pain/symptom management. Must be able to function in a stressful work environment. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community. Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to learn the hospice business, governmental regulations and CHAP standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
+ Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
+ Reach with hands and arms
+ Climb or balance
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
+ Talk or hear
+ Taste or smell
+ Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
+ Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
+ Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
+ On-Call on an as needed basis
+ Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
+ Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
+ Exposure to latex
+ Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
+ Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
+ Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.Schedule: Regular Full-Time