RN Clinical Educator Emergency
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as a Clinical Professional Development Educator Registered Nurse (RN) with Wesley Medical Center / HCA. Submit your application today!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Wesley Medical Center / HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Wesley Medical Center / HCA team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As a Registered Nurse Clinical Professional Development Educator, you will be responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be actively collaborating in the entire orientation/onboarding process for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- You will be an expert in and responsible for staff competency management.
- You will participate in designing and identifying clinical educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences.
- You will promote and integrate the Evidence-based Practice (EBP) in order to continuously improve quality practice.
- You will collaborate with partners to share experience in planning and decision making to achieve the desired results.
- You will be involved with professional role development by identifying and developing strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning.
What qualifications you will need:
- Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required. (Current licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Nurse, or current active multi-state Registered Nurse license.)
- Basic Life Support certificationthrough the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical related field required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in clinical education required.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an acute care hospital required.
- ALTERNATIVELY*,*equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies – more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Education Training & Professional Development
Title: RN Clinical Educator Emergency
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 27502-23749