Housekeeper - PT Weekends
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
WHITEWATER, KS 67154
Laundry Worker PT Weekends
Reports to: Director of Environmental Services
The primary purpose of the Housekeeper is to perform the day-to-day housekeeping activities in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the facility, and as directed by the supervisor. The Housekeeper assures that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and sanitary manner.
Primary Duties: (*Denotes Essential Job Functions)
*1. Performs day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned according to established housekeeping procedures.
*2. Assures that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures.
*3. Cleans/polishes furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, and other public areas daily as instructed.
*4. Cleans, washes, and sanitizes bathrooms in resident rooms and public areas.
*5. Cleans floors which include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc. Assures that appropriate safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such duties.
*6. Vacuums carpets.
*7. Cleans hallways, handrails, utility rooms, walls and ceiling by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
*8. Discards waste/trash into proper containers and relines trash receptacles with appropriate liners.
*9. Follows fire safety policies and procedures, reports all hazardous conditions or equipment to the supervisor, and follows safety precautions when performing all tasks.
*10. Performs cleaning procedures as instructed upon discharge or transfer of a resident. Cleans vacant rooms as assigned.
*11. Coordinates routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing services.
*12. Assures that adequate housekeeping supplies are maintained in utility closets to perform daily tasks. Keeps supervisor informed of supply needs.
*13. Maintains a clean work area/supply cart and stores equipment, tools, and supplies properly.
*14. Maintains the confidentiality of resident information and honors residents personal and property rights.
15. Assures that the housekeeping room is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary
manner, and performs other duties which are assigned by the supervisor.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
1. Must have education ability to follow safety instructions relating to the mixture of cleaning compounds and safety practices.
2. Must be at least 16 years of age.
1. Must be able to deal tactfully with supervisors, co-workers, residents, family members, visitors, government agency staff and the general public.
2. Must be able to move throughout the facility during the work day.
3. Must be able to follow instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instructions and other safety related procedures.
4. May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment and supplies in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the work day.
5. Must maintain confidentiality of resident information.
1. Works in all areas of the facility.
2. May be exposed to infectious waste, including HBV and HIV.
3. Sits, bends, stands, lifts and moves throughout the facility during the work day.
May be required to work on weekends, holidays, and on shifts other than the one normally scheduled.
Vacuum cleaner, cleaning supplies (disinfectants, aerosols, etc.), several cleaning utensils (dusting equipment, mops and mop buckets, etc.), housekeeping utility cart.