Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67219
What you will do
Johnson Controls’ Wichita operation designs, builds and distributes around one million pieces of residential heating and cooling equipment every year. Johnson Controls Wichita builds and assembles some of the biggest HVAC brands in the industry, including York, Luxaire, Coleman, Champion and Guardian.
The Warehouse supports the Wichita facility, which houses not only manufacturing and its staff but also the residential product engineering staff, designers, technical services, warranty, accounting, supply chain and procurement. Johnson Controls Wichita also hosts and provides factory visits to thousands of customers, suppliers and local university students each year.
Leading a team of employees, the Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor is accountable for heating and cooling finished goods inventory as well as raw material warehouses. Each of these job components contains a substantial average monthly inventory dollar value responsibility.
How you will do it
- Controls and monitors shipping office administrative functions.
- Assists in planning, preparing and administering departmental budgets.
- Serves as liaison with order management regarding scheduling, shippers, inventories, traffic, etc.
- Handles employee relation issues such as training, discipline, vacations, rosters, and overtime.
- Authorizes equipment requests, maintenance and repair.
- Recommends packaging, warehousing and equipment changes as needed.
- Administers, coordinates and implements needed changes in departmental policies and procedures.
- Plans and reviews day-to-day shipping/warehouse operations to assure meeting established shipping schedules economically while maintaining quality standards.
What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent combined education and experience, Bachelors Degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience in a related field preferred, and one year supervisory experience desired.
Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Knowledge of ODOT regulations preferred