Manufacturing Plant Administration
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67219
What you will do
Johnson Controls’ Wichita operation designs, builds and distributes around one million pieces of residential heating and cooling equipment every year. Johnson Controls Wichita builds and assembles some of the biggest HVAC brands in the industry, including York, Luxaire, Coleman, Champion and Guardian.
The primary manufacturing campus sits on 63 acres with a total of 1.3 million square feet. It has also translated into large employment growth in Wichita, where its workforce is around 1,600 employees which is up nearly 22 percent year over year. The Wichita manufacturing facility is the largest non-aircraft manufacturing plant in Wichita.
How you will do it
- Assist with plant activities such as scheduling and coordinating employee communication meetings and campus-wide events
- Provide administrative support to plant operations staff including expense reporting
- Create, revise, and review documents and spreadsheets
- Compile data and prepare reports and presentations
- Maintain and organize schedules, appointments, and meetings
- Prepare purchasing documents and perform invoicing activities
- Organizes and maintains plant and office records, documents, and reports
What we look for
Two year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Four years prior work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
Effective and professional communication and organization skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
The above description is concise, and is not intended to include all details of the job.