Antenna Design Engineer 1 - Technology Team
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
At Garmin, you do more as an Antenna Design Engineer 1 than sit at a desk working on simulations. You create. You build. You DESIGN antennas. From building prototypes to working with various equipment (multimeters, power supplies, network analyzer and more), you will provide technical guidance and project planning for complex analog, digital and/or RF designs for products that are new to Garmin.?
Garmin’s Technology team is seeking an entry level Antenna Design Engineer to provide technical support and antenna solutions for complex products across Garmin?s diverse product portfolio. ?Come join us at our beautiful Headquarters location in the Kansas City metro area!
As a Level 1 Antenna Design Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Design antennas for multiple products of various form factors and applications
- Contribute to advanced research on new antenna solutions suitable for Garmin products
- Utilize antenna simulations tools and test equipment to formulate and test antenna design
- Antenna prototyping and validation through relevant measurements
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Software Engineering and Manufacuring to ensure robust designs and appropriate testability
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if the proposed design meets functional and performance specifications
- Support production facilities in the manufacture of products
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity