Learning Community Resource Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
El Dorado, KS 67042
Position Title: Learning Community Resource Coordinator
This part-time position to provide academic advising, career planning services, placement test administration, concurrent enrollment support, tutoring and other academic assistance to present and potential students in the Flint Hills Community Site. This position will provide functional responsibilities for the Marion site for enrollment & registration, deposits and office management roles. In collaboration and communication with Site Director and other appropriate administration, the Learning Community Coordinator is responsible for making administrative decisions concerning faculty, advisors, staff, students and facilities during assigned working hours. This position is a 28 hour a week position on an annual contract for each Flint Hills site.
Campus Locations: Marion
Nature of Position: Part Time; # hours per week – 28
Salary: $20.22 p/hr.
Open Date: 07/17/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Required knowledge and skills
- Must be able to interact professionally with faculty, staff, and students with good communication skills in both oral and written presentations.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of needs of adult learners and skill in assisting at-risk populations as well as high school, allied health and traditional students.
- Organizational skills and ability to keep track of detailed information.
- Ability to use computer to access student records, document and research student issues.
- Ability to work as a team member to assist in the efficient operation of the site and division.
- Ability to understand instructional procedures that are used in the classroom and give assistance to faculty to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Must be able to think and operate independently to carry out the functions of the college for a safe and positive learning environment.
- Must have good mediation and problems-solving skills.
- Two years previous experience in advising, teaching, tutoring or related area preferred.
- Previous experience with testing preferred.
- Experience in program administration or faculty supervision preferred.
- Basic mastery of Microsoft Office products and office processes to include spreadsheet management and creation of documents.
Required educational background
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
This is not a complete description. For full job description, see https://employment.butlercc.edu/postings/4710.